Trinity Lutheran School was initially located on Fir Avenue and opened in 1897 with Pastor H. Reinhardt serving as teacher. The school moved with the church to the intersection of Union and Cavour with dedication services on December 13, 1902. Classes were conducted by pastors intermittently until 1915, when a theological candidate was engaged to take over the school. The school and church building was destroyed by a cyclone in 1919. The facility was rebuilt starting with a temporary roof over the basement to continue school and church activities. With a shortage of teachers in 1946, the school was closed.
Pastor Dan Abrahams and Assistant Pastor Dan Domke reopened the school in 1983. Principal Vincent Straub accepted the call and taught 20 first through fourth grade students. There were 15 students in pre-school through kindergarten. A nursery class was added in 1984. Fifth grade was added in 1987 and sixth grade in 1989. Trinity Lutheran Church and School built a new facility and changed location again in December of 1997, to 1150 West Cavour. A formal sanctuary was later built and dedicated in September of 2004.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, our focus has changed from elementary school to quality preschool education for the children in our community.